Saturday, May 17, 2008

Just how long is this going to take?

WARNING: Post could be random and all over the place.

Yes, we're still awaiting the arrival of the pups. SG stayed home both Thursday and Friday as this girl dog of ours had been having contractions. I told him that Saturday was the day but he was convinced that it was going to be Thursday. And then he was convinced it was going to be Friday. I knew it was going to be Saturday because, well, I'm just that smart. Besides, we had plans to go to my brother's 40th birthday party. I can't believe that he's 40. But this isn't about my brother's birthday and turning 40. Even though it blows my mind to see those numbers written down...OMG, he's FORTY!!!! Now life starts to get really fun. Joints start to ache. The eyesight starts to deteriorate. The repercussions of over indulging in alcohol are worse. Feet start to smell. Hair loss begins. Greying of the hair that remains increases. Yes, this is where life gets funner! Just buggin' But seriously.

Back to the birth. We're both convinced it is going to be today. But today only has 5hours and 15 minutes left in it (at the time of typing, not posting, who knows how long I'm going to dribble on about whatever).

She has been having contractions all day. She's not eating. She's digging in the birthing box like it was a sandpit that contained a million dog biscuits. She's whining and crying. Her belly is tight. The pups are active like crazy, you can actually watch her belly move as they move. It's pretty cool.

I picked #1Son up today from his first day behind the wheel with the driving instructor and the fist thing he said when he saw her was "her body has changed shape, she's gonna have "poopies" today." Pretty observant for a 15 1/2 year old with serious driving attitude. More on that later. It's too bad he's going to miss this birth. He missed the last birth due to work as well. Mind you, I'm not sure if I could handle him being around for it. I can only imagine what would be coming out of his mouth!

However, that it is for now. I will keep posting as the night progresses. I've got a camera and I know how to use it!

Lucky for you eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment