Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

To each and every one of you out there.

My agenda for today? Well, I have no agenda. I'm just going to take it as it comes.

Oh sure, I'd love to be up in bed, still sleeping, with dreams of fresh baked muffins and a luxurious cup of tea being served to me by my two loving children. And then be allowed to luxuriate in the warmth of the flannel sheets (yes, we're still using them, its freezing!) with the pillows piled up all around me while a delicious breakfast of fresh fruit and a couple different kinds of cheeses is prepared and served to me with freshly squeezed orange juice and a 12 grain toasted bagel with low fat cream cheese.

Arising to a sparkling clean house, where there is nothing left for me to do except enjoy the sunshine and the wonderful, loving smiles and hugs and kisses of my boys. Where all the dishes are cleaned and put away and the counters are all empty and spiffy and shiny. Where there isn't any laundry to be done, not even a stray sock. Where the whole place has been dusted and vacuumed and mopped. Where the bathroom is so clean, the sun's reflection off the fixtures is almost blinding. Where there is absolutely nothing to do but enjoy the day.

Ah yes, Happy Mothers Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment