Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Six Months

Well, at least it was yesterday. Which was when I wanted to post.

But couldn't.

Being that it had been eight months since there was any consistency what so ever with posting on the blog, and pure luck that I was able to remember how to do it four days prior, I could not FOR THE LIFE OF ME!!!! get logged in yesterday. I tried many passwords, many log in names, many combinations of passwords and log in names until such time I managed to lock myself out entirely.

I was forced to contact Google accounts to see about getting me and my blog reset.

And I will be honest. Even in the drunkest of times when posting blither blather that may have made it for your viewing pleasure, or was deleted prior to anyone having viewed it as an early morning wake up was the result of a terror stricken "OMG.... I posted last night!!" ~ yes it has happened ~ I have never, ever, EVER! forgotten how to log in to my blog.

Oh sure, I could blame it on the new gig and the multitude of passwords and log in's I must carry with me. Some of which are required to be changed every 90 days... damn security. Or I could blame it on the fact that it really has been a long time since I was hanging around here. Or that I've got a ton of stuff on my mind and twice the tonnage of stress to go along with it.... But I won't.

I think, and please don't persecute me for it, that the fact that I'll be turning 50 in 6 months, well, today it's 6 months less a day, has everything to do with it.

Not that 50 is old. It isn't by any stretch of the imagination.... or at least that what I'm attempting to convince myself. Given the life I've been living over the last 18 months or so everyday there is a mantra chanted.... 'you can do it, you still have it, you're only 32'....

I won't lie.... for the most part I cannot BELIEVE!!!! that I will be 50 in 6 months (well, less a day... and don't you dare say I'm on the downward slide or I will hunt you down and do you harm!). It's an age that I've been looking forward to if I must be honest.

But I don't want to go into my 50's the way I am right now.

I have said in the past that when I turned 50 I will get a tattoo. I have also said that I will learn how to ride, and get a license to do so, a motorcycle. And I've have harboured a deep desire to take a winter vacation to somewhere hot, very hot.

But I will not do any of those things the way I am at 49 and 1/2 (well, less one day on the 1/2 part. Overweight, out of shape, teetering on the verge of high blood pressure (must get back to using ABB).

So, with the free use of fully equipped gym at my beck and call (bit of a struggle over who gets to use the treadmill, but I will win most of those battles), a solid diet plan in place, I will take on 50 the way I want to take on 50.

Great shape (both physically and mentally), not to mention a hot body perched on a motorcycle, a tattoo that will look fantastic on firmly toned skin and sportin' that bikini on the beach during the cold winter months....

This is my goal for 50!

I will keep you posted on my progress. I shall share it all by sharing my measurements, my weight loss, my progress. And I shall continue to fill you with memorable words that you will hopefully laugh, cry, and shake your head at.

But most of all, I hope you enjoy the words I write. And... if you don't, it doesn't matter. Because at my age.... it's about time it becomes all about me....

Oh.... and by the way.... Google accounts provided no solution what so ever.... It was actually a four am wake-up where I found myself sitting straight up in bed going "OMG... this is how you log in"....

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jodie,
    I have been checking your blog from time to time, and was pleasently surprised to see it back.I always enjoyed reading it. Take Care.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete