Friday, December 31, 2010

33 days

Crap.

That's a long time between blog posts.

Good news is my gamble paid off. You know, the one where I left a good paying permanent job I could've had for the rest of my life to take a drop in pay and go to a "term position" with the hopes of becoming a permanent employee of the Federal Government.

The last 11 months have not been easy. The drop in pay being a little tougher to handle than I thought. Never mind the fact that I was under the impression that the waiting period for benefits was three months...not six. And benefits, whether you believe or not, count for so much.

It was tough.

But, on December 8th I became an "indeterminate" (that means permanent by the way) employee of our Federal Government. I have a 365 day probation period (real world is 90 days, but I'm quickly discovering that normal for the FG {Federal Government} is not normal for the RW {real world} but should make it through just fine. I mean seriously, I had two performance reviews where they could find absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing!!!! to gripe about).

It also means a substantial raise in pay. Thank you Lord Jesus I must yell! Once all the dust settles I will be incredibly close, if not slightly above, the salary I left when I decided to take this journey.

I may, however, not regain the years that I lost due to stress. Nor may the wrinkles that adorn my brow and the area around my eyes and mouth ever go away. But I'm making more money now, I can afford a facelift if needed.

I'm also trying to decide if I can keep the blog going. There are rules and regulations where people in my position are concerned. And I think they're advising that this kind of stuff shouldn't go on.

I don't know.

I need to review the documentation and figure out if I can keep it going.

But for now, all is well, Christmas was wonderful. SG pulled off an amazing feat for a first timer. Oh yeah,.... I had to work. He did it all, from the gift shopping to most of the wrapping to all (and I mean ALL!!) of the cooking. I came home to a celebration that could not have been any better had I done it. I won't lie. It was weird. But I was impressed and happy.

New Year's will be the same. I work. But it's okay.

It's New Year's Eve and SG and whomever else will be here and awake when I arrive home at 00:13 hours to bring in the New Year with them. Unless y'all are heading this way to clean my house, prep the appetizers and feast that will await me upon my arrival home from a long nights work, (I start work at 14:00 hours in case that's what you're planning) I will give kisses and hugs to all those that are.

Happy New Year Everyone.

May your 2011 be everything you wish for.

Mine will be.

Love Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment